Title: Social Media Manager
Reports to: Director of Ministry & Fellowship Operations
Hours: 40+ Weekly Hours
Purpose of Position:
Engage digital members and visitors who connect to EBC online and social media platforms. Social Media Manager will support in executing and measuring all social media efforts. Responsible for the development and use of content that meets the needs of each social media platform and the role and intent of each platform.
This position is responsible for creative development, leadership, and analytical reporting of all EBC social media platforms and connection points with an emphasis on continuous impact and growth. This position provides direct leadership to social media, necessary graphic designers, platform managers, content creators, analytics, and ministry volunteers as necessary. This position has collaborative responsibilities to and with EBC Marketing & Communications, and Creative & Media Departments ensuring the story and brand of EBC is shared and consistent with its vision frame and goals. Serves as the subject matter expert on EBC social media and online content management.
General Ministry Protocols:
- Respond to ALL supervisor communications punctually.
- Do what is best for the mission of the Elizabeth Baptist Church at all times.
- Always do what’s best for the EBC worship service.
- Be early to the office, all meetings, worship services or anything that is on your schedule – as well as stay the full time.
- Assist other staff in task/ministries as assigned
- Complete task assigned to you by deadline
- Have a positive, worshipful “whatever it takes” attitude
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study and prayer.
- Be organized, efficient, committed to time maximization and able to manage your list of responsibilities
- Work while you are at work (be focused, not working on personal tasks, etc.)
- Set specific goals for your area that are easily measured on a weekly basis
- Add value to every task that you work on, every meeting you attend and every request made of you
- Pray daily for the people who serve on your team
Specific Duties As:
1. Consistently promote and tell the story of Elizabeth Baptist Church on all social platforms
- Work with Marketing & Communications Director to create a social media.
strategy that collaborates with marketing, PR and advertising campaigns, competitors, and trends in ministry.
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience. Customize social media pages (ex. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, and etc.), develop supporting offline collateral, and create original content. (identify relevant and high-quality media)
- Customer liaison across social media platforms
- Ensure copyright laws are upheld and proper copyright submissions of content
- Monitor sites for opportunities and initiate conversations on behalf of the EBC.
- Manages online discussions in a timely manner and crafts responses to blogs, other social media sites and online Christian news outlets.
- Analyze and report social media actions monthly for successes and new opportunities.
- Stay current with social media trends and tools – includes attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, listening to podcasts and etc.
- Constantly refine and define our social marketing process.
- Develop a culture that encourages sharing amongst staff and members.
- Trains and advice on running effective social media campaigns for departments to establish consistency of communications across multiple networks.
- Stay informed on methods, materials, principles, procedures, promotion, and administration as related to the marketing/communication program
- Advising church leadership on best practices when using social media
- Maintain and manage usernames and passwords for social media platforms
- Examine, develop policy and procedures for best practices on formulating social media etiquette on behalf of EBC.
Skills and Abilities:
- Mature Christian walk.
- Ability to lead, encourage and shepherd.
- Experience with online ministry; social media; and technical aspects of a digital ministry.
- High level demonstration of administrative skills.
- Relational skills and the ability to develop community life.
- Online conflict management.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Experience in all social media platforms program planning and implementation.
- Knowledge of content management and analytics system software.
- Ability to gather analytical data, compile information, and prepare reports for
presentation to teams.
- Working knowledge of social media paid advertising campaigns.
- Expert level technical abilities; able to learn new skills quickly.
- Understanding design layouts for digital devices.
- Strong understanding of user-generated content management, content marketing and
- Strategic content creation and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple accounts
with changing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing from an accredited institution.
- Three to five years’ experience directly related to the duties specified.
- Good working knowledge of scripture.
- Three to five years of experience working organizations or non-profit sector.
- Ability to communicate effectively, strategically plan, organize, and develop.
- Working intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in both Mac and PC computer platforms
Working Conditions and Physical Demand
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Travel is required for various EBC sites and special locations for projects and events.